Technical Sales Engineer
AGJ Systems and Networks
Gulfport, MS, USA
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
We are a premier provider of IT services on the Gulf Coast. We are expanding and have an immediate opening for a Sales Engineer.
This role requires someone who is outgoing, has excellent communication skills, enjoys working with a successful team, and thrives working in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills, a confident presence, adept logical troubleshooting, testing experience, task management skills, and root cause analysis abilities.
The objective of Sales Engineering is to create effective proposals by understanding client needs, the environmental state of their infrastructure, their Account Manager’s and/or Sales Professional’s objectives and timelines for Proposal delivery. With the appropriate information, the Sales Engineer can accurately scope the best solution for the client and work as a conduit between Sales and Operations.
Reports to: Director of Sales
- Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and sales engineer experience is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of enterprise software/hardware solution with sales experience in a software/hardware solution technology industry or other directly adjacent technology industry.
- 2-3 years of experience with a Managed Service Provider (MSP) preferred.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; employs intuition and experience to complement data. Must be solution-driven strong problem-solving skills
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality, prepares updates to company policies and procedures
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities to achieve success; Sets and achieves goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans for clients
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure; Keeps commitments; Accepts responsibility for own actions. Must be able to communicate and present credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including C-Levels. Must has strong listening skills to understand what products the clients need
- Work independently: Must be able to make decisions about sales and support with little or no supervision
- Computer skills: Have a strong understanding of basic computer hardware and software with knowledge of networks and computer security systems, and be able to explain them in a clear, concise manner
- Sales skills: The ability to effectively assist in closing sale deals.
- Interpersonal skills: A friendly, outgoing personality with the ability to work with people of various cultural and social backgrounds.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute all scheduled activities such as site surveys, meetings, documentation, and reporting
- Meet with prospects and clients along with account managers as needed to clarify specific business needs
- Build solutions that solve client problems and provides vision for the future
- Use internally approved AGJ technology to formulate quotes
- Furthers client’s technology and business goals and align with AGJ’s business goals for profitability
- Become technical resource for all sales call
- Utilize company quoting, project planning, scheduling, and management solutions to collaborate and work with internal company staff, client, and vendor support resources to insure effective, efficient service delivery to clients
- Supply client’s new requirements to the AGJ solutions department and sales team
- Perform Technical demonstrations and evaluate any customization of the client’s needs
About AGJ Systems and Networks:
IT guys and gals are experts by nature. But in today's ultra-competitive market, that's not enough. Sure, we're as expert as they come - that's how we get the business. But we keep the business by offering our client's honest feedback and tailored solutions that never oversell our products or services. Most importantly, we deliver on time, any time, every time. We work until the job is done. Our commitment to the task is unparalleled, and our customers see the result.
What's more, we're easy and friendly to work with, explaining things in layman's terms so it's simple for clients to understand. We're not your average IT geeks, and we have lives and interests beyond bits and bytes. We work hard and we play hard. This special blend of loyalty, dedication, approach-ability and perfectionism makes us a rare breed. We are truly a best-in-class operation, and we're setting a new standard for the IT industry.
This position also requires a skills evaluation, background check, and drug screen.
We are the coast leading IT firm. We offer competitive pay and an outstanding benefit package.