By the nature of their work, IT service providers are masters of working behind the scenes. Unfortunately, some service providers make an unwitting habit of drawing the wrong kind of attention to themselves and their work. They may talk on the phone, walk in muddy shoes, or arrive late for appointments.
Here are 6 signs that it’s time to replace your embarrassing and unprofessional IT Service provider with a company that you can trust and rely on. Is your computer support company (or person):
- Consistently late or rushed? Do they miss deadlines without explanation or apology?
- Leaving your office a mess? They leave cables exposed and don’t move furniture back into place?
- Condescending, or using overly-technical speak in an effort to dodge your questions or concerns?
- Not explaining your options for resolving a problem? (It’s their way or the highway).
- Avoiding a proactive approach to network support and monitoring?
- Becoming defensive when you question project costs, deadlines, or their recommendations?
If your IT service provider is guilty of any of the above, it might be time to look for a new solution. You can and should avoid service providers that bring tension and discomfort to your business.
If you still aren’t convinced that your IT service provider should be replaced, download a free copy of The IT Survival Guide. Inside are six more red flags that a bad IT service provider will raise. Also in the IT Survival Guide, you will find insider tips, tricks, and secrets about navigating the muddy waters of information technology.